Glenn M. Sowa
St. Charles, Illinois
Northern Illinois University: Bachelor of Science - 1970, Master of Science - 1974,
Juris Doctorate - 1982
Associations: Federal Bar, Illinois State Bar, American Bar Association, DuPage County Bar, Kane County Bar, Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Mr. Sowa was a Special Agent in the Illinois Bureau of Investigation, the State Police agency for investigating narcotics and organized crime, and later became an Assistant State's Attorney in DuPage County. Prominently active in the Kane County Bar, he is a member of its Criminal Law Committee and Courthouse Design Committee, and a lecturer on ethics and criminal law for the Kane County Bar Association Criminal Law Committee Seminars. Mr. Sowa is the past Chairman of the Criminal Law Committee.
Mr. Sowa manages our office in St. Charles, handling cases in Kane, DeKalb, Kendall and outlying counties.
Mr. Sowa has extensive experience in the defense of felonies and misdemeanors, including murder, armed robbery, aggravated criminal sexual assault, controlled substances, DUI, and other offenses. He was chosen by the United Auto Workers Union to represent its members at the Montgomery, Illinois, facility and has won acquittals on many prominent cases. Mr. Sowa also has utilized medical experts, jury consultants, and eye-witness identification professionals in the defense of criminal cases. Mr. Sowa has also been admitted to the Capital Litigation Bar as Lead Counsel, the certification required to defend death penalty cases in Illinois.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois, 1983
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, 1974
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, 1971
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Past Employment Positions:
- DuPage County State's Attorney's Office, 1983 - 1985
- Illinois Bureau of Investigation, State Police, Special Agent, 1971 - 1983