What to Do if Your Child is Arrested in Kane County or DuPage County

West Chicago Juvenile Law Attorney

Defense Attorneys Serving St. Charles and Naperville Areas

Having a child who has been taken into police custody can be a difficult and frightening experience. Although their actions may cause you to become immediately angry, it's important to remember that children who are arrested need the love and support of their parents.

If your child has been arrested, you need a skilled and experienced juvenile defense lawyer. Call Donahue & Sowa today at 630-232-1780 or contact us online. We will help you and your family deal with the complex and intimidating criminal justice system.

What happens after the arrest?

Depending on the situation and the severity of the crime committed, a child who has been arrested will be held in custody, released or transferred to another program.

In many situations, juvenile cases never go to court. They are simply heard informally, as long as the child admits to the crime and agrees to complete certain requirements. This may include monetary restitution, community service, school attendance or counseling. If a formal hearing is held, it may take place in either juvenile or criminal court, depending on what the prosecutor decides.

If the court decides to impose a sentence, whether it is restitution or community service, the child in question will be placed on probation until the requirements are fulfilled.

Regardless of the formality of the hearings, you should always consult with a juvenile defense attorney to make sure you take advantage of all of your rights and protections.

For an experienced juvenile defense attorney in the Kane County and DuPage County areas, call 630-232-1780 or contact us online.

Two convenient locations.

Naperville: 630-505-5200 Geneva: 630-232-1780
NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
DUI Criminal Lawyers
Naperville Office 1555 Bond Street, Suite 103, Naperville, IL 60563 630-505-5200 630-596-9402
Geneva Office 524 W. State Street, Unit 2, Geneva, IL 60134 630-232-1780 630-402-0419